Founded in 1998, Tarsus, the owners of Labelexpo series around the world has grown to become a well-known and respected name in the B2B events industry. Tarsus has been owned by Charterhouse Capital Partners since 2019. Informa, the international Academic Markets, B2B Markets and Digital Services Group has announced the acquisition of Tarsus for $940M. Informa has reached agreement with Charterhouse Capital Partners and other shareholders to acquire Tarsus, for an initial enterprise value of $940m. The Informa Board believes the combination is both commercially and financially compelling, with strong portfolio alignment that will deliver enhanced value for customers, additional opportunities for colleagues and attractive returns for shareholders.
Stephen A. Carter, Group Chief Executive, Informa, said: ”We have long admired the Tarsus business which, like Informa, has been built around major brands in attractive, specialist B2B markets in the growing regions of Asia, China, the Middle East and the Americas.”
Douglas Emslie, Chief Executive, Tarsus added: ”I am extremely proud of the Tarsus business, our people and our customers. I could not think of a better partner than Informa to lead our brands and colleagues through the next phase of growth and expansion.”
The acquisition is funded with cash and $210m of new Informa shares In 2023, Tarsus full year revenues are estimated to be more than £175m.
The Informa and Tarsus portfolios are complementary, both geographically and by market category, strengthening Informa’s position across a number of verticals including:
• Beauty & Aesthetics: A4M, LiVDerm, South Beach Symposium
• Healthcare: Health Connect Partners, PAINWeek, Cardiometabolic Health Congress
• Packaging: LabelExpo (US, Mexico, Europe, China, Thailand, India)
• Infrastructure: Intertraffic, Rail+Metro, Infrastructure Connect, Cambuild
• Aviation: Dubai Airshow, MEBAA Show, Space Tech Expo
• Sustainability: Intersolar, Mexico Wind Power, Aquatech Mexico
• Homewares: Home Furnishing Expo Shenzhen (Hometex), Zuchex
• Fashion: SIUF Show, OFFPRICE